Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a ticket to or attending Peninsula Picnic, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. The Terms and Conditions relate to the sale of tickets and attendance at Peninsula Picnic to which the ticket relates. These Terms and Conditions apply to the purchaser, any subsequent ticketholders and any ticket recipient.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets (whether for cost price, discount or profit). A breach of this condition will entitle the Melbourne Racing Club (the MRC) to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability. This applies to any posts you may make on social media and/or ticket resale websites.
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fees per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event.
- If you order or buy more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, per card or per household, we may cancel all of the order or tickets, in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
- To prevent fraud and protect the MRC and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
- You must inform the MRC of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- By purchasing tickets, you also agree to the MRC’s General Conditions of Attendance and the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy. To the extent of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy, the latter policy shall apply to the extent of any inconsistency.
- Subject to clause 9, purchased tickets on tickets.mrc.net.au will be dispatched to you electronically.
9: We will try to dispatch tickets to you promptly by email but we may, where reasonable, send tickets by post or make tickets available for collection at the box office if:
- email is impractical due to timing or circumstances beyond our control; or
- necessary for reasons of identification; or
- we are otherwise unable to email tickets to you for any reason.
- You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if this becomes necessary. Please note the conditions for collection at the event in paragraph 13 below.
- To collect tickets at the event, the cardholder must present the card used to book the tickets as identification or a valid driver’s licence listing the name of the purchaser.
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
- If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid:
- the tickets have been sent to an email address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
- your tickets are not dispatched and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the event.
- Any patron under 18 years of age wishing to attend Peninsula Picnic that is a minor must be accompanied by a responsible adult. The MRC may determine in its discretion whether an adult is a responsible adult, taking into account the guidance of the Victorian liquor regulator.
- MRC reserves the right to refuse entry to or to expel any minor from Peninsula Picnic who is not accompanied by a responsible adult, and no refunds shall be provided in such circumstances.
- Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules, including those related to Covid-19, and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event) and more particularly described in the General Conditions of Attendance. The MRC will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will make best efforts to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
- You acknowledge and agree that your entry may be subject to directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer pursuant to the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and/or otherwise under relevant Victorian law (“Directions”), which you understand may change from time to time. Such Directions may include a requirement to provide sufficient evidence of being fully vaccinated (unless legally exempt). Failure to comply with all relevant Directions will result in you being refused entry or evicted from the venue.
- While the conditions of entry relating to COVID-19 are designed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, it is not possible to eliminate that risk entirely. You acknowledge that by entering the venue you assume the risk of suffering an illness or fatality related to COVID-19.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
- The Peninsula Picnic is an outdoor event and the event will always go ahead as long as it is safe to do so. There will be no ticket refunds for wet weather unless the MRC cancels or postpones the Peninsula Picnic event for such reasons prior to the event commencing.
- You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
- If the MRC cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time the MRC will use reasonable endeavours to inform you. This will usually be done by email.
- Refunds may be available where MRC cancels the event, in accordance with the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- If an event is rescheduled, materially changed or moved we will address the matter as contemplated by our Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- To the extent permitted by law, MRC will not provide any refunds if any scheduled or promoted artists are unable to perform for reasons outside MRC’s control. MRC has the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute support artists and/or vary advertised programs, times, prices, venues, seating arrangements, staging and audience capacity without notice to you. The line-up may be subject to change at the discretion of MRC.
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions or in the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets within the timeframes set out in the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event.
- When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and the MRC are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts of that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (including the Australian Consumer Law) and the Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), or similar legislation regarding implied conditions and warranties that cannot be excluded.
- Still confused? Then please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we'll see what we can do to help.
- Promotional period: 27th February 2023 – 6th March 2023
- How to enter: enter eligible postcode in the “promo code” section here, 20% discount automatically applies to the cart.
3931 Mornington (0 km)
3930 Kunyung (4.3 km)
3933 Moorooduc (4.7 km)
3934 Mount Martha (5.6 km)
3930 Mount Eliza (5.6 km)
3199 Frankston South (8.8 km)
3915 Tuerong (9.1 km)
3911 Baxter (9.4 km)
3912 Somerville (10.3 km)
3199 Karingal (10.4 km)
3199 Frankston Heights (10.4 km)
3199 Frankston (10.4 km)
3199 Frankston East (10.7 km)
3911 Langwarrin South (11.1 km)
3936 Safety Beach (11.2 km)
3199 Karingal Centre (11.3 km)
3913 Tyabb (12.3 km)
3910 Langwarrin (13.3 km)
3200 Frankston North (13.4 km)
3200 Pines Forest (13.4 km)
3936 Dromana (13.8 km)
3198 Seaford (14.5 km)
3912 Pearcedale (14.8 km)
3915 Hastings (15.1 km)
3926 Merricks North (15.3 km)
3977 Cranbourne South (16.4 km)
3936 Arthurs Seat (16.4 km)
3938 Mccrae (16.5 km)
3977 Skye (16.7 km)
3937 Red Hill (16.8 km)
3918 Bittern (16.9 km)
3197 Carrum (17.1 km)
3201 Carrum Downs (17.1 km)
3939 Rosebud (18.1 km)
3937 Red Hill South (18.1 km)
3926 Balnarring (18.3 km)
3196 Bonbeach (18.4 km)
3939 Rosebud Plaza (18.5 km)
3977 Botanic Ridge (18.5 km)
3197 Patterson Lakes (18.6 km)
3196 Chelsea (19.4 km)
3916 Merricks (19.5 km)
3926 Balnarring Beach (19.8 km)
3977 Sandhurst (20.1 km)
3977 Cranbourne West (20.2 km)
3940 Rosebud West (20.3 km)
3919 Crib Point (20.5 km)
3920 Hmas Cerberus (20.5 km)
3196 Chelsea Heights (20.6 km)
3926 Merricks Beach (20.6 km)
3928 Main Ridge (20.7 km)
3980 Warneet (20.8 km)
3196 Edithvale (20.8 km)
3977 Cannons Creek (21 km)
3977 Cranbourne (21.1 km)
3977 Junction Village (21.2 km)
3927 Somers (21.5 km)
3195 Aspendale (21.9 km)
3916 Point Leo (22 km)
3941 Tootgarook (22.1 km)
3977 Devon Meadows (22.2 km)
3939 Boneo (22.3 km)
3195 Aspendale Gardens (22.5 km)
3980 Blind Bight (22.8 km)
3977 Cranbourne East (22.9 km)
3916 Shoreham (23.1 km)
3175 Bangholme (23.2 km)
3941 Rye (23.3 km)
3195 Waterways (23.4 km)
3977 Cranbourne North (23.5 km)
3195 Mordialloc (23.8 km)
3175 Dandenong South (23.9 km)
3195 Braeside (24 km)
3975 Lyndhurst (24.1 km)
3978 Clyde (24.2 km)
3978 Clyde North (24.5 km)
3223 St Leonards (24.9 km)
3975 Lynbrook (24.9 km)
Tickets Giveaway Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rules on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- By entering the Pen Pic Tickets Giveaway (the Promotion), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Promotion terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the Promotion is Melbourne Racing Club F&B Limited ACN 605 607 001 of Gate 22, Station Street, Caulfield East VIC 3145 (the Promoter).
- Entrants in the Promotion must be strictly 18 or over to enter
- Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Victoria excluding:
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including the prize supplier);
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 6(a) of these terms and conditions (including natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter));
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter;
- any other persons deemed ineligible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- The Promotion is open from 10:00am 1/3/2023 until 10:00am 8/3/2023.
- In order to gain entry into the Promotion (an Entry), an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period
- follow The Peninsula Picnic Instagram Page (https://www.instagram.com/peninsulapicnic)
- tag both a friend and a vendor/artist who participates in the 2023 Peninsula Picnic
- Each comment that includes a tagged friend and a vendor/artist is considered one entry.
- Entries are not limited.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including but not limited to entrant identity and location) and disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant or who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Prize and Prize Draw
- There are ten equal prizes to be won. Each prize is a General Admission Double pass to the 2023 Peninsula Picnic valued $99 each
- The Promoter will conduct a random electronic draw of all Entries to determine the Prize winners on 8/3/2023 at 12:00pm and will notify each winner by Instagram as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Unless otherwise arrangements are made between the Promoter and each prize winner, the Promoter will arrange delivery of the prize to the prize winners via Instagram direct message
- In the event a winner cannot be contacted by 13/3/2023 the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, elect to re-allocate the prize to a new winner and will use reasonable endeavours to notify the original winner of the re-allocation.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward. If the Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, members and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; any tax liability incurred by any entrant; any prize(s); or participation in or use of the prize.
- In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' mean the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a State or Territory of Australia.
- By entering the Promotion, Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram and to the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and will release Facebook and Instagram from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified Facebook and Instagram in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any participation in the Promotion to anyone who otherwise has potential (in the Promoter’s absolute discretion) to in any way damage the brand, reputation or image of the Promoter or any of its sponsors.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the application process or who has breached these terms and conditions, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if deemed necessary. The Promoter shall much such determination in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and will release the Promoter from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, misplaced or misdirected entries.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and each entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.