Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a ticket to Peninsula Picnic, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. The Terms and Conditions relate to the sale of tickets and attendance at Peninsula Picnic to which the ticket relates. These Terms and Conditions apply to the purchaser, any subsequent ticketholders and any ticket recipient.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets (whether for cost price, discount or profit). A breach of this condition will entitle the Melbourne Racing Club (the MRC) to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability. This applies to any posts you may make on social media and/or ticket resale websites.
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fees per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out below.
- Any patron under 18 years of age wishing to attend Peninsula Picnic that is a minor must be accompanied by a responsible adult. A responsible adult, for the purposes of supervising a minor on licensed premises must be a parent or someone reasonably taking the place of a parent. The following is considered when determining whether or not the accompanying adult is responsible:
- the age of the accompanying adult (guiding principle is 30+);
- the relationship between the accompanying adult and the minor;
- the amount of supervision being provided; and
- in all the circumstances, the reasonableness of the supervision being provided (guiding principle is “in view and able to make contact”).
Delivery and collection
- Purchased tickets on tickets.mrc.net.au will be dispatched to you electronically.
- We will try to dispatch tickets to you promptly by email but we may, where reasonable, make tickets available for collection at the box office instead of posting them to you if:
- posting is impractical due to timing or circumstances beyond our control (e.g. strikes); or
- necessary for reasons of identification; or
- we are otherwise unable to email tickets to you for any reason.
You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if this becomes necessary. Please note the conditions for collection at the event in paragraph 11 below.
- To collect tickets at the event, the cardholder must present the card used to book the tickets as identification or a valid driver’s license listing the name of the purchaser.
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions or in the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid:
- the tickets have been sent to an email address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
- your tickets are not dispatched and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the event.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
- You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
- If the MRC cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time the MRC will use reasonable endeavours to inform you. This will usually be done by email.
- If an event is rescheduled, materially changed or moved we will address the matter as contemplated by our Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
- To the extent permitted by law, MRC will not provide any refunds if any scheduled or promoted artists are unable to perform for reasons outside MRC’s control. MRC has the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute support artists and/or vary advertised programs, times, prices, venues, seating arrangements, staging and audience capacity without notice to you. The line-up may be subject to change at the discretion of MRC.
- No refunds or exchanges will be allowed unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions or the Ticket Refund and Exchange Policy.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event.
- Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event) and more particularly described in the General Conditions of Attendance. The MRC will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will make best efforts to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
- When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and the MRC are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts of that jurisdiction.
Still confused? Then please contact email@example.com using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we'll see what we can do to help.